Saturday, May 29, 2010

I Believe


Allentown, New Jersey was where my life started. This is the place where all of my memories and friends were. This was my Home! The years 2004 to 2008 were the best times of my life. In kindergarten, I met my two best friends, Joey and Kevin. I did everything with them; vacation, sports, and sleepovers. I can remember the stupidest things we did together. My life was great, not to mention that they lived right behind me. We hung out after school and during summer break. I pretty much didn’t do anything without them. The three of us started soccer in first grade. We hung out a lot at practice and made more friends. Soccer wasn’t a big for us until about the third grade. We started traveling to different parts of New Jersey. This was a lot of fun traveling with my friends in the car. In the fourth grade we went down to the beach to do a beach soccer tournament. This was insanely fun. We would play soccer for a couple of hours and then we would go play in the water park. Once again this was the best time of my life. In the fourth grade I started playing lacrosse. Lacrosse is my absolute favorite sport. I got both of my best friends into it and we played a lot in Joey’s back yard. Nothing changed between the three of us, until the fifth grade. I found out I was moving.

Moving to Malaysia was devastating for me. I didn’t know what to do. I’ve never had to leave my friends before and now I was just supposed to forget them. We got to Kuala Lumpur around July and I had no friends. I started the sixth grade and as time went by I started making new friends. I started going to their house’s or them coming to mine. My friends and I would go to the malls, do school traveling trips, and even go on vacation together. I even have stupid memories with these friends, such as making up a new game of tag. We would go to play paintball or watch movies almost every weekend. If not we would just have sleepovers. Life for me was great again, but it didn’t last long. Once again I got the horrible news. I was moving again, but this time, to Abu Dhabi.

When I first heard the news I was really upset. Once again I would be leaving my friends behind. What I have learned in KL is that it doesn’t matter where you are in the world, what language they speak, or what they look like, I can have a friendship like I had in Allentown. Now that I’m moving to Abu Dhabi, of course I’m scared, but I believe that with a good attitude and open mind, I can find friends that will last me a lifetime.


No comments: